16 February 2009

FUCK

This blog suffers from two severe cycles:
  1. Upon typing a long, thoughtful blog post complete with color images (and sometimes even videos!), the autosave feature, or my dell computer, or the shitty internet connection fails to save my work and I have to start from nothing. This has happened twice in the past 15 minutes, and the first time I easily invested 40 minutes of class into what I had to say.
  2. I don't update for extended periods of time because my life, experiences, and material belongings aren't sufficiently interesting enough for you to read. My latest excuse, however, is the battery charger for my digital camera, which is M.I.A. (not the deflated, no-longer-pregnant recording artist) in central PA. This means I have to use images from the Internet instead of my own pictures - something I hate doing.
Below, a list of what's occured since the last update, and other assorted material.

Of course I can't show pictures of the motorized scooter I received for Christmas for my all my adventures-to-come in the city. However, my mom finally set up the insurance policy needed. Neither my family nor I knew about this requirement, but it seems an increasing amount of our lives are dictated by social control. If it were up to me, I'd ride whatever I wanted, wherever, without anyone's permission. I could be getting the scooter as early as next week...pics to come!
+
Since Christmas, I still haven't gotten to post pics of the sneaks Santa brought:

Vans x SkatePark of Tampa Half Cabs

+
This semester's been pretty hectic. First we raged for Obama and inauguration, then my crew proceeded to celebrate John 's birthday. I lost my teenage-hood a couple days later, and threw a sick birthday party at my girl Shilpa's. My mom hooked up some cash for a keg, and John doubled the quantity. DJ Phat White produced a remix just for the occasion, and I'm pretty sure everyone (150+?) had a damn good time. My good friend C-beezy also pulled through with this special gift, the Barry Obama special edition:


+
A few days prior to the party, me mum, sister, and little brother pulled through the district. They brought a bday cake and we went out to lunch at Thaiphoon, which was mediocre at best. Afterwards, they took me to PalaceFive, where I scored these:



In conclusion, I feel as though there was a significant amount of other stuff I wanted to share but was probably lost in the deletion of the other posts. In the moment, I'm pretty inspired about blogging, coursework, living, etc, so hopefully more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

would've checked in sooner, but i've been working really hard to save up for an $8000 skateboard inside a LV suitcase. dj ar

Anonymous said...

dj ar? back in action????

black collective