30 July 2009

Catch-Up

Actually, this is not a post to catch everyone up with my life or adventures (such as my car breaking down in on a highway above the Bronx). I do have plenty of pictures, ideas, and experiences I want/need to blog about, but not tonight...too busy reading. However, I decided I should eliminate some of the 30 or so Firefox tabs of blog-worthy material I've been meaning to share with you all. Below, some links that should be clicked, if not read, for the strength of reinforcing our friendship, shared values, or mutual interests. Of course this doesn't apply across the board, so click them all anyway, you bastards.

David Byrne Journal (if you knew about this and didn't share, shame on you)

Some of the coolest shit going down in NYC (rivaled closely by the Pool Party concert series, or whatever it's called, that goes down each Saturday in Williamsburg, where I got to see Health but not the Black Lips perform prior to my car breaking down)


Hilarious Marion Barry write-up


I suppose I got burned out on the sharing pretty fast. More to come, and pictures! Tomorrow? Tomorrow!


Currently listening: Desaparecidos, "Read Music / Speak Spanish," because I thought it was a good album much earlier in my life but I can no longer discern if my enjoyment is due to nostalgia or the sake of good political garage rock

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Two classes a week? Well-played. How did you manage to rig that?

BjRza said...

That Byrne Journal is brilliant.