+
Yesterday acclaimed NPR broadcaster Daniel Schorr promoted his book and gave a lecture at Politics and Prose bookstore. I was among the few young faces in the immense crowd, to the point that it took me 4 minutes to walk 50 feet to exit the store as a result of the elderly and their walkers. Despite the intimidation these folk impressed upon me with all of their wisdom and age, I managed to build up enough courage ask a question - "Speaking metaphorically, Mr. Schorr, which do you perceive to be better: the detached youth who can't get by without his iPod, or the NPR podcasts he is enabled to listen to?" to which he responded that he was unable to deliver a fair answer due to his unfamiliarity with modern technology. After the telling of several humorous anecdotes and a question and answer session, I was able to have him sign my Moleskine. Overall, it was pleasurable to hear a radio voice in person, and to see firsthand that, unlike Garrison Keillor, not all broadcasters have faces made for radio.

A different experience tonight - Kimya Dawson played a free set outside an Adams Morgan record store. It was enjoyable enough to see the hobo-chic (anti)folk singer in person, and I enjoyed the tunes.

1 comment:
I have finally found a blog worth reading using the "next blog" feature. I enjoy you posts!
Post a Comment