Well, readers, it seemed a summertime laziness had set in with that grand hiatus I took in between posts, but don't worry, as this was an isolated occurrence consequence of the parents being out of town. This meant I had time to do all kinds of unapproved activities, and wasn't about to waste my precious liberty writing about what I could be doing.
Anyway, it was a moment of sheer enlightenment today when I realized why my new lifeguarding job pays so well: it requires the utmost discipline. This was always something I had been told, as I've been lifeguarding for five seasons now and have been responsible for the lives of others for ALL of them. However, it never set in before, because discipline was not really required at my previous place of employment, which is why I was being paid $5.75/hour. Now, working at a pool that pulls more than a thousand visitors a day, I need to ceaselessly be using two of my five senses for a half hour at a time. This realization became suddenly clear when I had to make the difficult decision regarding whether or not I could afford to continue sneaking peaks at this cute patron. I was faced with admiring her beauty behind sunglasses for a couple of moments or knowing with all of my mind's capacity that my area of the pool was absolutely safe and secure. This was not as easy a choice as it should have been, friends.
+
In other news,
scored my Radiohead/Grizzly Bear ticket for August in Camden. Going with cousin Marissa
realized that the Baltimore Orioles logo is weak as hell (c'mon, a detailed, regular looking bird?)
had my first save at my new pool
survived.
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment