27 June 2008

Rules are Rules


This is a picture of one of me bosses at work, Ryan. I'll admit, I've grown to be pretty judgmental over the years, and this ole boy definitely appears to be the type of ego-maniacal jock I've come to detest post-high school. But the truth is, he's not. He's real chill, has good taste in hip-hop (we listen to Illmatic on our 75-minute-long breaks, for example), and knows how to have a good time. At a party a coupla weeks ago, he showed up with a case of Blue Moon and gave it to all the guards. I guess the moral of the story is that not all jocks are tools, just the ones I graduated with.
+
My other boss, however, is obsessed with domesticity and perfect relationships, and it is only when we're talking about these things that she seems perfectly contented. I'm sure it pained her somehow to know that I've never had a real relationship, although it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Fortunately, she has great potential to be cool, also, particularly when she bakes up some mean cookies.

No comments: